10 reasons why to hire an Interior Designer
Updated: Jul 23, 2019
Whether you are creating a home from scratch, redesigning a room or doing a complete refurbishment an interior designer can help you achieve the look you are going for.
Here are 10 reason why an interior designer can help you create your dream home!
1. Discover What You Really Want Do you ever have so many ideas for your home that are all jumbled up and you don't know how to narrow it down to what it is you really want? This is the case for a lot of people and their homes become a combination of so many different styles that just don't work together. By hiring an interior designer you will be able to get all of your ideas down on paper and discuss them together to see what will and won't work in your space. The designer can then create fully developed ideas that are tailored to your style and allow you to get a space that is exactly what you wanted.
2. Save Money Overall Many people think that hiring an interior designer will be expensive and something only the wealthy can afford; they couldn't be more wrong! Although you will be paying for the services of an interior designer there will be many ways in which we can save you money on your overall project. Firstly, due to working in the industry interior designers have a lot of knowledge about different materials, suppliers and styles and have a wider range of options when sourcing items for clients. This can lead to savings on materials and getting better pieces for your home that you wouldn't have necessarily known about previously. Secondly, interior designers take time to search for the best solution for you to ensure they get it right the first time. If you try to create your dream home yourself chances are you may purchase something you regret, have something get damaged or installed incorrectly and will have to find someone to fix it yourself which will only delay your project and cost you more money. We take away all of the stress and save you time so you can focus on what you need to do and enjoy your home taking creation!
3. Help You Budget Wisely
Personally when I am working with a client I always try to stick to their budget rigidly as I want them to have the best experience and not break the bank for what they really want. Whenever purchasing items for clients I keep track of all money spent so we can check in and make sure we are on track. When designing alone it can be very easy to impulse buy and get carried away with spending which can often lead to you not getting what you wanted or having to delay your project. Working on many projects over the years interior designers also know roughly what most things will cost, including fitting and labour work which can be very useful when deciding on what you can and can't afford.
4. Save Your Own Time Everyone wants more time to do what they love to do and not waste it on what they need to do. Interior designers can help with this as we do all of the leg work for you. Whether it is searching for materials, speaking to installers, creating material boards and coming up with ideas we do it all so you don't have to. From the very beginning stages of your project right up until installation and completion we organise everything so you can sit back, relax and enjoy the transformation of your new dream home.
5. Incorporate a Professional Opinion Having a professional opinion can be so beneficial when it comes to interiors. We are able to adapt and change your ideas to make sure they work for your home and life to ensure you are getting the best designs possible. Interior designers can also create mood boards, elevations, sections, floorplans and 3D rendering drawings to help you visualise your space and how everything will go together. We are able to give our unbiased opinions and give you the best solution to your problems while also breaking the norm to create a stunning home that is yours.
6. Who to Contact Have you ever got a labourer in to do some work for you that didn't finish the job how you would have liked them to, or botched a job and now you can't get hold of them? Unfortunately, this happens more than it should so why not get someone to recommend and handle all of this for you? As interior designers we have used many different tradesmen's for different jobs that we know we can trust to do an excellent job. It is so important to get people you can trust to do your work and we already have those people lined up to help you.
7. Be Realistic We want you to have your dream home and create anything you want to create; however, we also want to make sure your ideas are realistic to your space and also your budget. We can work with you to make your home that WOW factor while also being adaptable for your everyday living and family life.
8. Make the Most of What You Have With any space our goal is to always make the most of what you have. Whether that is in terms of storage, natural light, tall ceilings or cubbyholes there is always a solution. Your home needs to be efficient and work around your lifestyle and we help you understand what that is and how to make family life that bit easier and more enjoyable.
9. Know What Materials to Use The biggest mistake a lot of people make is choosing an item for their home and the material of it not being practical for the use. Design is not only important when considering aesthetics but it also has to be practical otherwise there is no reason for it and that's where our knowledge is used best. For example, do you know the difference between granite, marble, travertine and quartz and how to maintain them? Not many people do but it is so important to get a professional opinion to make sure your designs will last a lifetime and be suitable for their use.
10. More Choice Interior designers are constantly researching new styles, materials, suppliers and options for clients to ensure they are getting the very best service. Due to this people have many more options to choose from and better suited pieces for your home. No one wants to think they haven't seen all of the good options or missed out on something special so this is where an interior designer can ensure you are getting the very best for your dream home.
If you were considering hiring an interior designer or perhaps didn't understand how we can help you create your dream home we hope this gives you a better insight into our services.
Are you inspired and ready to start your project with Design In Motion? Get in touch on our contact page!
#designinmotion #interiordesign #interiordesigner #interiordesignservices #blog #reasonstohireaninteriordesigner #10reasons #budgeting #morechoice #materialknowledge #berealistic #makethemostofyourhome #whotocontact #professionalopinion #savetime #savemoney #knowwhatyoureallywant